1.15.2013

Femur and I

The body was not even cold yet. But they were coming. And I had to run, to run for my dear life.

My long white fingers were gripping hard on the club. I made no noise running down the staircase. The body was behind me, and I was running fast. But I knew it was going to rise again. The spirit of its master would take revenge on me. The walls shone with blue light as if a warning to me. My fingernails were scratching the club uncomfortably. I was approaching the door of freedom when I heard a distant scream. I knew I had made it in time. I opened the door. There, the fresh smell of flowers rushed in, against the smell of sanitized bed curtains and pills, from the place which I had been staying in. I thought I got freedom. I released the club. There was no need to escape.

Suddenly, I felt the body stirring. They were approaching...approaching! I could not hear anything. A man in white robe appeared out of thin air. 'It is really you, Phalanges.', he said. He did not sound friendly. I backed. My eyesight blurred. The next moment, all I could see was the blue checks on my my clothes and pants. Everything came into focus again, except that I could not feel where my body was.

I saw a fat man, then. He was in white robe too. He was looking at a boy, a skinny and badly injured one, with great care and attention. He turned around. He looked familiar. He was the body. The body! It was Dr Femur! He looked at a woman, who was much older than the boy. He talked to her about something like 'car accident', 'brain damage' and 'intensive care'. Then I suddenly thought that the boy was me, for no reasons at all! Then Dr Femur was no longer there. He was in his office, hands on his phone. He must be calling experts to help me. The woman was by his side, frowning. And he was there, again, helping me talk to the woman and I kept on screaming. What was worse, was that he was in his office again. He was quarreling with the woman. And the woman suddenly wept and he went silent, pursing his lips tightly. I saw myself holding a club, standing at the top of the staircase. I raised the club. There were shock and fear in Dr Femur's small eyes. I felt myself again.

I opened my eyes and felt memories rushing into my brain. Beside me stood Dr Femur, whose head was bandaged, and the woman. 'Do you know where you are?', asked Dr Femur, 'Hospital.', I answered confidently. He pointed at the woman. 'Do you remember her?' 'Mom.', I whispered. And we were hugging each other. I felt her tears falling onto my shoulder. There were so much blessings, so much to embrace: the love and the hardships.

Teacher's comments: The portrayal of the protagonist is intriguing.
Marks: 16/21

 
Gloomy Salad Days /萬芳

公視死神少女片頭曲

花開在那片荒蕪頹廢沒有顧忌的海上
你說 如果我們都不再呼吸也沒有關係
Oh my Gloomy Salad days

結果日出後她碎成泡沫
漩渦盡頭沒有你沒有我
長大以後無聊的某一天
我們擦肩而過沒有想念

花開在那片荒蕪頹廢沒有顧忌的海上
你說 如果我們都不再呼吸也沒有關係
Oh my Gloomy Salad days

結果日出後她碎成泡沫
漩渦盡頭沒有你沒有我
長大以後無聊的某一天
我們擦肩而過沒有想念

結果日出後她碎成泡沫
漩渦盡頭沒有你沒有我
長大以後無聊的某一天
我們擦肩而過沒有想念




No comments:

Post a Comment